Saturday, December 19, 2009

Charmed, I'm Sure














Okay - I just couldn't wait. So instead of baking cookies or making those gifts for my Mom and my brother-in-law that are still unfinished, I spent yesterday making myself a charming necklace from my KCPMC Guild Copper Christmas Exchange Charms. It's a little over the top, but just hanging them onto a copper chain wasn't working for me. So, I added a few things: part of a watchband, a couple stone beads, a copper stamped filigree, a few blue glass beads, a cream-colored fossil from a friend and some Harbor Freight copper washers. I pounded the heck out of some 14 gauge wire and the washers, then annealed them with my torch before drilling a couple holes and some hammered texture. (That torch sure adds great color to copper!) Before using 20gauge copper wire to work wrapped loops, I darkened it in LOS to remove the shine a bit. Finished length is about 36" so it can be worn doubled or long.




















I can't wait to see what everyone else does with their charms.

No comments: