In this meeting, we begin our series of topics to help you design a complete jewelry project. Lead by Carol Harder and Gale Schlagel, they will help you start training your brain to focus on a design. Think about how you can use our next few months' topics to create something spectacular and uniquely yours.
- tear-away texture technique (March) Jen will teach us the technique popularized by Celie Fago
- stone setting by channel, tube, bezel and more (April)
- PMC bezels around ceramic/pottery shards (May)
- custom made end caps (June)
- kumihimo braiding (July) --
- your sketchbook (old or new)
- Elements of Design from last year's design meeting, if you have one. (Carol had us finding pictures of jewelry that illustrated the various principles and elements of design.)
- your ideas for the piece you want to make
- your "mistake" projects
paper, glue sticks, pencils
ALSO - bring your booboos...a piece you haven't finishd because it somehow doesn't work. We may be able to offer suggestions on how to re-do it, or alter it and make it better. You don't want to waste that precious PMC!!
Don't forget to bring your recent work to show and tell. If you won the January raffle, remember that you are responsible for bringing a new raffle item.