Janie will demo what she's learned in her certification classes about using PMC paste on real leaves to create super-realistic looking leaves (or pods or flowers....you get the idea). She'll be showing us samples and detailing the steps, but the process to too slow to have us all join in.
And since watching PMC paste dry isn't the way our lively group likes to roll we're going to add a hands-on project - making a ring with wire. Carol and Lynette will guide you and we call all make at least one ring to take home. See the tools list below.
We also plan to discuss our annual fall Charm Making and Christmas Exchange and start to get ideas from you about what you'd like to learn in 2011. This means taking some time for discussion. Bring your ideas!
- Ring mandrel or dowel rod or ring forms (to shape wire)
- Rawhide Mallet or Nylon Mallet
- Chain nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Wire Cutter
- File or emery board
- Wire (we'll have some copper, BYO if you want to use Sterling or other wire)
- Beads (large holed, flat like coins or buttons, or other interesting items)
- Headpins and crystals or smaller beads (if you want to have dangles)