A team of experts from our membership will teach us how to do this versatile Japenese braiding technique. (Team members are Michele Wineland, Cecilia Rosales, Pat Kuehn and Janice LeMasters.)
Tools: Kumihimo braiding disk (if you have one, bring it!) KCPMC Guild will provide one for each member. Non-members may purchase one at the meeting. ($5 for 6" disk, $4 for 4" disk)
- 12 yards (or more) of your chosen string, ribbon, floss, rattail, cord or other non-stretching fiber
- Beads (optional) - and they need to be pre-strung on your thread. If you are new to this technique, like me, you might want to learn the braiding without beads first.
- 8 spools to hold thread (cardboard or plastic floss bobbins, foam hair curlers, old spools, etc)
- we'll have cardboard floss bobbins on hand for everyone
- weight (metal washers, large beads, small baggie with a couple coins inside, or ?)